KY Auto Program Enhancements
United Home is committed to providing a competitive, stable auto product to meet our customer and agent needs. To continue to profitably grow this program, United Home will be implementing a rate change.
- Base Rate Update
- Advance Quote Discount Revision
- Higher Discounts for quoting before the effective date
- Will taper off over 4 policy terms instead of 1 causing less rate disruption
- Better performing zip codes will see a decrease in rates
Revision details and overall impact
Average monoline business change: -0.92%
Average package business change: +2.17%
Average monoline monthly dollar change: $-1.37
Average companion monthly dollar change: $3.95
Reasons for this rate revision
- Improvement in loss costs trends for monoline business, allowing for a more competitive rate position.
- Customers with longer tenure at previous carrier and quoting several business days in advance of renewal offer continue to have improving loss trends, allowing UHIC to improve our competitive position on that segment.
- Slightly elevated loss trends in the companion segment as a whole driving inflationary rate need.
- Unlisted household members having accidents.